Frequently Asked Questions

Have additional questions about UHV online programs? Find your answers here.


U.S. military personnel, their spouses and dependents may be eligible to pay Resident rather than Non-resident tuition if they meet designated criteria. Personnel present in Texas solely for the purposes of training are not eligible for the waiver. Students must submit this form and any required documentation prior to the 12th class day of each term of enrollment. Failure to provide this verification may result in Non-resident tuition to be applied to enrollment.

Submit completed form and related documents to Registrar, Office of Admissions and Records, by email ([email protected]), by fax (361-580-5500), or by mail to: University of Houston-Victoria, Office of Admissions, 3007 N Ben Wilson, Victoria TX 77901-5731.

Students who are enrolled in online classes ONLY are exempt from meningitis immunization requirements. This waiver is for one year only and must be updated each year for which the exemption is being requested. Please be aware the University of Houston-Victoria will conduct online enrollment verification each term to ensure that students under this waiver are complaint with the law. Students holding this waiver which have not presented the proper immunization documentation will be withdrawn from any classes which are not 100% online.

UHV is proud to support the education of veterans. Our Office of Financial Aid is ready to help you apply for benefits for you, your child, or your spouse. We are approved by the Texas Education Agency to provide Veterans Affairs (VA) educational benefits under Chapters 32 and 35, Title 38, U.S. Code.

To expedite payments, veterans should contact the Office of Financial Aid at least 60 days prior to the first class day of each semester or term to complete the necessary forms and paperwork for that period of study.

VA enrollment is certified up to 10 days prior to the first class day of each semester; however, you are responsible for notifying your VA Certifying Official if your enrollment changes.

VA Forms and Publications
Form 22-1995 Request for Change of Program or Place of Training: For veterans who received VA benefits at another institution prior to attending UHV. Due before your first semester at UHV
Form 22-5490 Application for VA Benefits: For dependents of disabled or deceased parents (Chapter 35)
Form 22-5495 For dependents who are continuing their Chapter 35 benefits
Form 22-1990 Application for VA Education Benefits: Chapter 30, Chapter 33, Chapter 1606, and Chapter 1607 Veterans applying for VA Benefits for the first time
Form 22-1905: Sent by Regional VA Counselor at the request of Chapter 31 veterans

Other Requirements

All Chapter 30 and 1606 veterans applying for benefits must submit a copy of their DD-214 and a signed UHV degree plan.

First-term students without a degree plan should meet with a degree plan counselor before the end of the first term. If a degree plan is not submitted, your VA benefits for your second term may not be certified.

To continue receiving the VA benefits, students must certify their enrollment electronically with the VA each month: Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (W.A.V.E.).

Military Transcripts

Information about military transcripts and how to request the transcripts is available on the Joint Services Transcript website.

Financial Aid Options for Veterans & Their Families

Post 9/11 GI Bill: If you have at least 90 days of aggregate active duty service after Sept. 10, 2001, and are still on active duty, or if you are an honorably discharged veteran or were discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 days, you may be eligible for this VA-administered program.

Hazlewood Tuition Exemption: Texas veterans with no eligibility remaining under any U.S. government programs may be eligible for tuition and fee exemption under provisions of the Hazlewood Act. The exemption provides an education benefit to honorably discharged or separated Texas veterans that have exhausted their VA Educational Benefits. Information can be found with Student Billing at UHV.

Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA): The Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA) program provides up to $4,000 in financial assistance for military spouses pursuing degree programs, licenses, or credentials leading to employment in portable career fields. Spouses can contact MilitaryOneSource for education counseling and help in finding alternative funding sources. Call toll-free at 800-342-9647.

Federal, State and Institutional Grants, Scholarships and Loans: All students are eligible to apply for financial assistance. The first step is to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

National Resource Directory

The National Resource Directory connects wounded warriors, service members, veterans, their families, and caregivers with those who support them. The website includes information on Benefits & Compensation; Education & Training; Employment, Family & Caregiver Support; Health, Homeless Assistance; Housing; Transportation & Travel; Volunteer Opportunities; and Other Services and Resources.

Co-Enrollment at Another Institution

Veterans co-enrolled at another institution must inform the UHV VA Certifying Official of their co-enrollment status, so we can initiate a Parent Institution Letter.
Ruby Dean, VA Certifying Official for last names A-H
Telephone Number (361) 570-4129
Deborah George, VA Certifying Official for last names I-P
Telephone Number (361) 570-4132

Office of Financial Aid
University of Houston-Victoria
3007 N Ben Wilson Rm 110 UW
Victoria, TX 77901-5731
Veterans Administration Regional Office
PO Box 8888
Muskogee, OK 74402
Telephone: (888) 442-4551

UHV welcomes students transferring from numerous accredited community colleges and universities, locally including Victoria College, Blinn College, Coastal Bend College, Houston Community College, Lone Star College and Wharton County Junior College.

The Victoria College Bookstore and UH Sugar Land campus bookstore carry textbooks for all UHV College of Business courses. The UH Sugar Land campus bookstore will also handle textbooks for the UHV Katy location.

Students may use the publishing information posted above to order their textbooks from their favorite book vendor. However, before doing so you should find out what your vendor's anticipated shipping time is, and what their return policy is. Also, you should not write in or remove shrinkwrap from any textbook or materials you purchase from any vendor until the first class day in the event that:

  • The vendor supplies you with the wrong edition of your text,
  • The course instructor is forced to make a late change to the required textbooks,
  • You are forced to make a last-minute change to your schedule due to missing prerequisites, or
  • Your course is canceled due to low enrollment.

In addition, be aware that, on occasion, certain outside vendors may substitute an international version of a textbook for the version you have requested without notice. International versions of textbooks may be quite different from the editions we require.

Start your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible after applying to UHV. You’ll automatically be considered for most types of aid with this one application. Our FAFSA School Code is 013231.

Submitting the FAFSA to the U.S. Department of Education’s processor is the first step in determining a student’s financial need. The processor will calculate your Expected Family Contribution (EFC), which measures your eligibility for federal student aid. Your EFC is then deducted from the University’s Cost of Attendance to determine your financial need.

If you demonstrate financial need, you may quality for grants and scholarships. This is considered need-based aid and does not have to be repaid. Other financial awards, including some scholarships, are given based on your academic merit, talent, major, athletic ability, and more. This is non-need-based financial aid.

Financial aid is awarded based on the information you reported on the FAFSA. In addition, information from the Records Office will help determine your eligibility for aid, including: Graduate or Undergraduate degree-seeking student Enrollment status

Any changes to your enrollment status may impact your financial aid awards and result in a balance owed to the university. Please report all changes to the Office of Financial Aid as soon as possible. Your financial aid awards cannot be more than the estimated Cost of Attendance.

Submit an admissions application through Then email copies of all official transcripts to Admissions or mail them to:

University of Houston-Victoria
3007 N. Ben Wilson Street
Victoria, TX 77901
ATTN: Fasttrak Admissions/University College
[email protected]

Incoming freshmen

Test scores (SAT or ACT and TSI Assessment)
Home-schooled students
Home-school transcript (must include signature of the principal, courses completed and in progress, explanation of grades, GPA and any honors)

Transfer students

UH System Student Pathways Program
Pathways Program Application
Transient (visiting) undergraduate students
Letter of proof of enrollment in good standing from current university OR
Official transcript from the university currently enrolled

Graduate students

Appropriate exam scores sent directly from Educational Testing Services
Graduate Record Exam (GRE) aptitude (Arts & Sciences and Education, Health Professions & Human Development majors)
GRE institutional code: 6917
Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) (Business Administration majors):
30K-2W-88 Strategic MBA (Including Bridge)
30K-2W-02 MBA Global (Including Bridge) 30K-2W-37 M.S. Economic Development & Entrepreneurship
Miller Analogies Test (MAT) (Education, Health Professions & Human Development majors may substitute the GRE for the MAT)
Personal essay
Recommendation letters from a practicing professional in the field of study or a related field

International Students

Freshman or First-time student: If you are an international student and have never been enrolled in university/college level (post-secondary) study and have completed the equivalent of 12 years of more of elementary and secondary schooling based on your country’s educational system, you should apply as an International Freshman student. International Transfer Students: If you are an international student who was or is enrolled in a United States college or university located in the U.S. and are now interested in undergraduate admission at the University of Houston-Victoria, you should apply as an International Transfer Student.

If you are an international student who was or is enrolled in a University Level (post-secondary) college or university located outside of the United States and are now interested in undergraduate admission at the University of Houston-Victoria, you should apply as an International Transfer Student.

Graduate Admission Index: Applicants grade point average on all work attempted, undergraduate and/or graduate, beginning with the semester during which the first of the 60 most recently earned semester hours was taken. The scores on General Aptitude Test (verbal and quantitative sections only) of the Graduate Record Exam (GRE). Business majors must submit scores from the Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) and follow the requirements for graduate school admission set by the College of Business. In general, the higher an applicant’s grade point average, the lower the test score needs to be for graduate admission approval.

UHV has provided opportunities for transfer students to continue their education for more than 40 years. UHV maintains agreements with community colleges across the region so you can seamlessly transfer and take your associate degree to a bachelor’s degree and beyond.
If you're a former UHV student, you are not required to submit a new admissions application. Please log into myUHV and complete the Graduate Studies Form as a non-degree seeking student.

Financial aid helps offset your costs with funds to pay for educational expenses, such as tuition and books.

Due to the wide range of financial aid available, the specific processes for applying, and the constant change in available funding, students are encouraged to contact UHV financial aid personnel early in the process and to keep the staff informed of any changes that may occur which would affect his/her ability to pay for educational expenses.

To be eligible for admission under the temporary graduate classification in the graduate's career, a student must have at least a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution but not be admitted to a graduate program at UHV. The College of Business limits temporary graduate admission to one semester of study consisting of up to nine semester hours.

Engage with UHV and other alumni by joining UHVconnect, our online alumni community. UHVconnect will allow you to stay connected to UHV and network with fellow alumni. You can find alumni, update your contact information, purchase memberships and merchandise in our online store, stay up to date on alumni news and events, and more.

UHV Alumni Relations is committed to the UHV mission of service excellence, and we strive to serve our alumni to the best of our abilities. Please contact us if you have any questions or are interested in discussing alumni engagement opportunities. We look forward to hearing from you.

A regional hub 30 miles inland from the Gulf of Mexico, Victoria is located about two hours from Houston, Austin, San Antonio and Corpus Christi. Victoria is a town of 65,000 residents with abundant activities, events, shopping and dining options.

Questions about blackboard

Yes, file names should not contain any of these special characters:
# $ & % ! { } [ ] ( ) /

Acceptable file names include upper and lower-case letters, numbers, hyphens, and underscores.

Make sure the file name is less than 72 characters in length. You may have trouble downloading a file with more than 72 characters in the file name after it’s been uploaded into the Blackboard system.

You cannot change your UHV password within Blackboard Learn. To "change" or "reset" your password, please follow the instructions provided on the UHV Information Technology Password Reset webpage. You can also contact the UHV IT Help Desk for assistance. The Help Desk is located on the second floor of University Center on the UHV (Victoria) campus. If you are not on campus, you can Request Help via email or call the Help Desk directly at (361) 570-4399 or (877) 970-4848, Ext. 4399.
Depending on your type of computer and internet connection speed, you can access your course material and information from your home computer. To determine if your computer connection is compatible to access Blackboard from home, test your browser and confirm that it meets all of the minimum system requirements. Also, make sure you are accessing Blackboard from home via a supported web browser. For help and assistance, contact your Online Support Technician for your particular college.
The default browser available on your mobile device or smart phone is not supported for use with the Blackboard system. Instead, mobile apps are available that you can install on your mobile device to access and complete specific tasks in Blackboard, but you are not able to complete all tasks in Blackboard using the Blackboard mobile app. Available Blackboard mobile apps include: Mobile Learn (for students and faculty), Bb Student (for students), and Bb Grader (for faculty). You will still need to use a traditional laptop or desktop computer to successfully complete work in your online Blackboard course. Review the UHV mobile app web page for additional information.
Yes. All UHV lab computers on campus support the Blackboard Learn 9.1 environment.
Additional Blackboard resources for both faculty and students is made available on the UHV Blackboard eLearning site.
UHV faculty and adjuncts log into the Blackboard system with their UHV domain account information…their UHV email username (without the and their UHV domain password. UHV students log into the Blackboard system with their 7-digit MyUHV account and password information. Blackboard is available via the UHV-hosted elearning website as well as directly from the Blackboard server hosted at the UH Main Campus.

Launch the Respondus LockDown Browser (RLDB) application and click on the Help Center? icon that appears in the top, left menu area.

Click on the Run System Check button.

Wait for the system check results to complete for: (1) Bandwidth Test, (2) Latency Test, (3) Ports Check, (4) Flash Check, (5) Web Cam (optional) and (6) Microphone (optional). A green check should appear for all items.

If there was an error or issue with BandwidthLatency, or Ports, the student will need to switch to a different wireless connection or stop using a wireless connection and switch to a wired connection and complete the steps above until there are no issues reported.

Once no issues are reported, students can click the Return to Course button to log into the Blackboard system and complete the RLDB test or quiz.

Confirm whether or not an upgrade is required for the RLDB application. Launch the RLDB application and click on the Information - Settings option (appears in the menu in the top toolbar as a small letter "i" surrounded by a circle).

Click the Check for Newer Version button. Confirm whether or not a new version is available. If a newer version is available, follow the procedures on the screen to download and install the latest version of the RLDB application.

To update your term complete the form located here and send via email to [email protected]

UHV Blackboard courses are not available to students on a continuous basis. Most UHV Blackboard courses are available to students two weeks after the official course "end date". The official UHV class schedule will indicate the specific class end date. This information is also available through the UHV course offerings list (where students can select the UHV campus and search for their specific course and identify the "Meeting Dates" ...students have access to Blackboard courses two weeks after the ending "Meeting Date" in the UHV course offerings list).

Any other "start" or "end dates" and/or "Incompletes" in Blackboard are scheduled in accordance and approval with the UHV instructor of record for the course.

Close your browser, re-start the browser, and go back to the test in Blackboard. If permitted by the instructor, you will be returned to the test and/or test question you were just viewing. Otherwise, you must contact your instructor, who will need to ‘clear your attempt’ (per the instructor’s discretion) so you can start the test again. For assistance, you can contact the Online Support Technician for your particular UHV college.
No, but the Blackboard vendor has developed a Blackboard Help website for students.
No. The Blackboard system doesn’t provide a web conferencing/meeting tool for students, faculty, or adjuncts. UHV does provide faculty and adjuncts with the Adobe Connect Pro product that provides online webinar meeting rooms for face-to-face and recorded discussions online. Adobe Connect Pro meeting rooms are available to faculty and adjuncts but not students. Not all UHV faculty or adjuncts may choose to integrate or use the Adobe Connect Pro system with their course content.

Usually the reason a course is not showing up is that the Blackboard enrollment process hasn’t completed yet. It can take 24 to 48 hours after a student successfully registers for an online Blackboard course before the student is granted access to the course. If it’s been more than 48 hours since successfully registering for an online Blackboard course, students should contact their college’s Online Support Technician or the UHV Registrar’s Office for help and assistance.

It's also possible that the course may be a face-to-face course and does not have a Blackboard component. Students should check with their instructor or contact their college’s Online Support Technician for help and assistance.

Students registering for online Blackboard courses will normally be enrolled in Blackboard Learn within 24 to 48 hours after successful registration. A few days before the start of the semester, new UHV students who have successfully registered for online courses will be able to log into the Blackboard system but they won’t be able to access their course information until the official first class day (in accordance with the UHV official class schedule). Only the college, dean, chair, registrar, or instructor of record can modify the course start and end dates in Blackboard.

Technical support for faculty and students is available within the colleges via OnlineSupportTechnicians:
Contact Us
Support Request (via online form submission)

For course-related problems (problems finding course material and resources in a Blackboard course), students can contact their instructor of record and/or contact their UHV Online Support Technician for help and assistance.

Request More Information?

Submit this form, and an Enrollment Specialist will contact you to answer your questions.

Or call 888-728-6625

Ready to Begin?

Start your application today!

or call 888-728-6625 888-728-6625
for help with any questions you may have.