With technological advances erasing physical boundaries and enhancing communications, the global business community grows more compact and tightknit, while opening new markets for multinational corporations and small businesses alike.
Consequently, business opportunities abound, especially for those who understand the global aspects of market research data collection and analysis, and business-to-business marketing. That is why business professionals are taking a close look at online advanced degree programs like the University of Houston-Victoria (UHV) Global online Master of Business Administration (MBA) program with a concentration in Marketing.
Think Global for Growth
New business opportunities may be lost if businesses focus solely on local and national markets. According to a survey by the World Federation of Advertisers (WFA), as reported by www.marketing-schools.org:
- 95% of WFA members expect their future growth will come from outside the United States.
- 71% believe that some of the best advertising campaigns are being developed overseas.
- Three-quarters believe American brands can learn a lot from their foreign competitors.
- Only around one in 10 think U.S. marketers pay enough attention to their competitors across the world.
A Different Type of Online MBA
What makes the UHV online MBA program with a concentration in Marketing different from other advanced degree programs is its emphasis on the global marketplace. In this AACSB-accredited MBA program, students will study managerial decision-making, competitive strategy and program development, as well as explore the interaction of business relationships on a global level.
The curriculum includes 36 semester credit hours and can be finished in a few as 16 months.
Most of the core courses focus on business basics with an international flavor. For example:
- Business & Society in the International Environment takes a look at corporate social performance, business ethics, issues and stakeholder management, corporate governance and consumer protection to promote responsible business practices.
- Financial Reporting and Analysis shows how financial statement information is used to make business decisions with an emphasis on analysis and interpretation of financial disclosures.
- Global Economics prepares students to develop a mindset for decision-making with an emphasis on globalization, international trade and exchange rate dynamics.
- International Management and Leadership focuses on disciplines including both theoretical and practical rationale for international business procedures; a delineation of macro-environmental factors and institutions that affect global business; policy concerns raised by the ever-changing international environment; and the implementation of global strategies for both multinational and smaller companies.
- International Marketing looks at the global business environment as well as the concepts and theories required to analyze the global marketplace and develop global marketing strategies.
Other courses cover the global aspects of financial management, operations and supply chain management, finance and business strategy.
The University of Houston-Victoria Global MBA with a concentration in Marketing online program is perfect for the career-oriented professional who juggles the responsibilities of a job and family while pursuing an advanced degree.
Learn more about UHV's Global MBA with a concentration in Marketing online program.
Have a question or concern about this article? Please contact us.