- The University of Houston-Victoria is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC™) to award bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Contact the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia, 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of the University of Houston-Victoria.
- The University of Houston-Victoria School of Business Administration is accredited by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International)—the highest standard of achievement for business schools worldwide.
- The baccalaureate degree program in nursing at the University of Houston-Victoria is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street, NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791.
- #2 for "Finance Degree Online: 15 Best Deals" by GreatCollegeDeals.net (2016)
- #3 in the "20 Affordable Online Bachelor's Degrees in Communications and Public Relations" by AffordableSchools.net (2019)
- #6 most affordable public university in Texas by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (CollegeForAllTexans.com, 2019)
- Top seven school for "Best Online Bachelor's in Criminal Justice" by BestColleges.com (2018)
- #8 among "The 79 Best Affordable AACSB Online MBA Programs" by GetEducated.com (2016)
- #13 among "The Best Accounting Degree Programs in 2018" by BestValueSchools.org
- #18 "Best Value Online Master's in Business Administration" by AffordableColleges.com (2018)
- #20 for "Colleges with the Best Professors in Texas" by Niche.com (2019)
- #22 in the "Top 25 Most Affordable Online MBA Programs 2018" by TopManagementDegrees.com
- School of Business Administration included in The Princeton Review's Best 295 Business Schools: 2016 Edition
- Designated a Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI) by the U.S. Department of Education